Sunday, January 23, 2011

A refreshing first day of deployment!

I felt good about today when it started and my feelings were correct! The highlights...
  • I and my marketing officer setup the system in the morning of two computers with data dongles.
Testing the system before the class
  • Upto this blog post I have had the pleasure of three nurses come into the course
  • A student who had not used computers before was able to grasp the concept of the internet...
30 mins before only one had IT skills
30 min later both were into the lesson
  • Although they had difficulties in English and technical hitches here and there they really interacted well with the lesson. The lesson had links to an English-sinhala dictionary and they were well used throughout the course from my observation. We merely played the role as facilitator!
Students in the lesson
Taking notes! Must have bee useful!





Engaged in a chat with a virtual 'ලෙඩා'
  • Finally we explained about the questionnaire and the students filled them up privately and placed them in a ballot box to be opened on the 26th evening!
Student putting a form into the 'box'
Although I had beta tested the system with some technical people still there were a few errors in the hyperlinks. But all in all it was a very satisfying day and gave me insight how big the words 'quality assurance managers' are not to mention the technical difficulties of running a small course like this let alone a big one.

One small step...

No comments:

Post a Comment