Monday, January 31, 2011

Methodology of a discussion...

Well the data was analyzed and I must say this business of data, those unemotional sets of numbers, has surprised me a lot. Some of the more pertinent things I found in the questionnaire and from Moodle.


  • Nursing students have finished the course quicker
  • Nursing students have only scored 1 mark less than nurses
  • The distribution of time spent in the course is very similar for nursing staff and students!
  • When there is little difference it gives my LMS more weight as the more experienced staff not running away with the show tells me the LMS has played a part in educating both groups.
And thus the results had a lot of charts and tables and then we went on to the discussion.

In the discussion I tried to be as unemotional as the data that I possessed. No airy fairy words of self congratulation. In fact I tried to state to the reader not too take too much 'notice' of the feedback I had received and suggested there is more to it than meets the eye! Problems in the help section, deficiencies in the human computer interaction were shamelessly exposed by this budding researcher!

And all with good reason. A discussion is meant to tell the reader things beyond the simple result. And this I feel will always be appreciated. In fact its a reference point for myself when I take it to the next level انشالله!

Acknowledgement were for all who had helped me. My supervisors Professor Jayantha Weerasinghe, Dr Gominda Ponnamperuma led the parade of thanks from lecturers to laymans.

References were in the Vancouver Style which were available in Word 2007 via the ISO 690 reference tool in the Reference section in Word 2007. Hope it is adequate.

Appendix had my questionnaires.

It also had a picture of a rather interesting blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment