Saturday, January 15, 2011

General Pre-Questionnaire Complete

I formulated a Pre-Questionnaire based on the advice I received and although its not perfect I feel I have achieved some good objectives:
  • It was a face-face interview method used. I hope that will not be a problem. Each student was individually interviewed and questionnaire filled. Are their pitfalls in this method. I merely did as I had no time!
  • The majority are student learners and thus more multimedia and colorful interface is justified by the principle of individual difference which states "...that design effects are stronger for low-knowledge learners than for high-knowledge learners. Design effects have lower impact for high-spatial learners compared to low-spatial learners..."
    • I'm technically unable to do major style editing to the color interface of Moodle. I hope the theme selected will serve the purpose.
    • To compensate for this I plan to do this prototype lesson in Flash rather than HTML. Flash's slow loading time will certainly be a talking point in the defense but I cannot be faulted for lack of design effects which will assist the learning of this cohort. At the same time I am not fluent enough in HTML and Javascript to give a truly interactive experience on those platforms.
  • 66% of students have some sort of interaction with computers which is a boon for me.
  • 70% of students like a problem solving approach to learning which was a pleasant surprise and ties in to my lesson plan.
  • 100% of students were willing to join a course of this nature which may mean they are scared to say 'no'

No comments:

Post a Comment