Sunday, January 16, 2011

A breakthrough in the appearance of Moodle

Much better than the drab colors of Moodle...


Although initially I though I will be consigned to bring out the attractiveness of the LMS by my own animations etc. I, with some technical guidance from Mr Roshan Dikkumbura, Technical Coordinator, Moodle, PGIM managed to make a much better theme! On Roshan's advice I have tried to make a quick link area as a demonstration of one of the rules of Shneiderman's "Eight Golden Rules of Interface Design" which states

"2 Enable frequent users to use shortcuts.

As the frequency of use increases, so do the user's desires to reduce the number of interactions and to increase the pace of interaction. Abbreviations, function keys, hidden commands, and macro facilities are very helpful to an expert user."

The quick link list is just off the top of my head and I think it will get shorter and smaller. I also am planning to make profiles with clear pictures of everyone so they get that social network feel of things which might appeal to this youngish audience who may have heard 'මුහුණ පොත". Also the sinhala text will help give a clue!

I am very satisfied! My heartfelt thanks to Roshan for SKYPEing with me for nearly 3 hours on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment