Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MSc Biomedical Informatics: Final Project General Info

The MSc in Biomedical Informatics hopes students will become generally skilled in Biomedical Informatics and it has focused us on of three areas:

  1. Public Health Informatics (Public Health)
  2. Bioinformatics (All about the Genetic Code)
  3. Informatics for Medical Education (My elective)
It is no 3 that I am following so I have decided to do a project on this area. Whilst doing a thesis is something new to me I have to start somewhere right? So this is what I know right now:

  • The final project will run from September 2010 to December 2010. So this race has already started.
  • The final outcome is I should have a running programme based on the principles learnt from the course and in particular Informatics for Medical Education.
  • Documentation is paramount and in this regard I have been given the following deadlines:
  1. September 30th : Literature Review (What does the literature say about my project idea)
  2. September 30th : Project Charter (What will I do in my project)
  3. Many Deliverables till the end of the project (Showing my supervisor my progress)
  4. Project must be submitted by the end of December 2010 (Which is 92 Days, 15 Hours & 13 Minutes from this Post)

Here is me praying that this task will not be insurmountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment