Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Is doing the whole refresher course more than I can chew?

I am in the process of typing out and at the same type analysing and roughly filling the gaps the whole syllabus for the refresher course. It is broadly divided into five parts:

  1. Fundamentals of nursing
  2. Medical & Surgical nursing
  3. Maternal, Child health & Gynecological nursing
  4. Mental health and Psychiatric nursing
  5. Pharmacology
I have now nearly completed sections one and two and at this juncture I have to reflect.

  • There is quite a bit of content in the first two sections to design
  • In order to do a quality product for the project I wonder if doing all 5 will be a good idea and whether it is really required
  • For the pilot I could always use my own nurses
  • The other two students in Informatics for Medical Education are covering the Semester 2 of this course which to me seems like about the same amount of work
Let us see what Dr Gominda says.

No comments:

Post a Comment