Saturday, September 25, 2010

Further analysis points to a one section pilot as being more feasible!

On further analysis each section of the NRC has more than 200+ lessons and nearly 90+ lecture hours. In a space of three months I dont feel I can do more than one section. I would choose section 2 (medical and surgical nursing):

  1. Lecture Hours: 93 Hours
  2. Lessons: ~300+
  3. Instructional videos: ~ 40 - 50
  4. Content: Since it is Medicine and Surgery I can write the content with the help of my nursing sisters so I don't go outside the scope of the nurses!
I send a mail to Dr Gominda. Here is hoping for the best.

What I have learnt is analysis of anything is certainly not a waste of time!

1 comment:

  1. Whilst doing the charter I drew up some rough calculations and came up with a justifiable conclusion.

    * Each lesson in section 2 of NRC will take about 2 hours to make
    * 600 hours divided by 3 months is 200 hours per month
    * This translated to ~6 hours of only content writing per day
    * This leaves no room for designing the project itself which is as important if not more important than the content!

    So thus I have mentioned in my objective in the charter to hope to have >50% of the content ready and I hope the assessor sees my side of it.

    ReplyDelete