Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Introduction: What is rikazbmiproject?

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night to the netizens who follow this blog (currently 0),

I am Dr Rikaz Sheriff. A MSc student in Biomedical Informatics at the Post Graduate Institute of Medicine in Colombo, Sri Lanka. My elective is in "Informatics for Medical Education". Apart from this I also went through a Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Education and it is there that I caught the concept of a portfolio.

So here I am. Posting away sweet nothings @ the moment. I have made this blog 'rikazbmiproject' with  إن شاء الله (God Willing) the idea of:

  1. Tracking my progress in my final project in my MSc course.
  2. Allowing my supervisors to track my progress and lambaste me when my posts are few and far between!
  3. Develop an 'unofficial portfolio' of my thoughts so perhaps I can reflect on how I am approaching the task at hand.
  4. Perhaps help others in this shameless public display of transparency!
Thats it. Wish me luck.

Rikaz

No comments:

Post a Comment