Friday, October 1, 2010

Drafts Documents of LR and PC sent!

So finally after 96 excruciating hours of work a Project Charter that I feel is workable and a Literature Review I can say I tried to do scientifically is complete. I used the following guidelines for my literature review:

Assessing online nursing courses: a review of the literature
Rikaz Sheriff*
*Senior Medical Officer, Western Infirmary
Correspondence to: Dr. Rikaz Sheriff, Western Infirmary, Colombo, Fax +94 773 063419; rikaz.sheriff@gmail.com

Abstract
Background
Methods
Results
Interpretation
Introduction
General information
History
Current situation
Purpose
Objectives
Methods
Search terms to include
Search terms to exclude
Article selection criteria
Inclusion (include articles which match your objectives)/Exclusion criteria for your articles
Results
Discuss what you found after the search, selection and exclusion. Break the information down into groups of knowledge and analyze. Just give the numbers and figures.
Conclusions/Recommendations
What you feel about the results. Which results are relevant and which were expected and which were not.
Acknowledgments
Thanking people
Footnotes
References
Check your submission guidelines for how to reference. There are too many but we use Vancouver I think.

Whilst people can agree or disagree there is no set way to say that this IS the way to do a LR unless a certain faculty has strict guides about it. All I can say is LR seems to be more of an art form which gets better as you ‘paint’ more review if you know what I mean. My supervisor Dr Gominda is slated to speak in the SLMA about literature survey next Saturday so if he likes the final review I can safely say its ‘peer accepted’.

Now comes the hard words I have to ask myself: " You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk"

May Allah make it easy on all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment