Friday, October 29, 2010

Project Proposal to Specialty Board of Study in BMI


6a00e39820921188330128771668c0970c-800wi

So finally I presented my idea to the Board:
  • They were interested and positive about it.
  • Asked some questions:
    1. The criteria for selecting nurses
    2. The problem with the pre and post cohorts
    3. The curriculum validity
    4. Finding time for the nurses
    5. How to select the lessons for the LMS prototype
  • They had some suggestions
    • For Issues 1 & 2 they suggested that I do what we had discussed to send nurses who had done the old system through the new one in order to have some uniformity in the results.
    • For issues 3 and 5 They were for using the curriculum approved by NAITA and felt I could do the communicable diseases part so I dont think I can modify it. Also they mentioned to do less instructional material design and concentrate on the system functionality and end user experience. This would also help the nurses to actually formally a follow a smaller section. Perhaps I should stick to:
      • Section 2-5: Communicable diseases spread via the RS
      • Lessons: 
        • Common Cold
        • Measles
        • Mumps
        • Rubella
        • Chicken Pox
        • Small Pox
        • Pertussis
        • Diphtheria
        • Herpes
        • Pulmonary TB
    • Or is the above also now too much?
  • I suppose now my questionnaire will be more about the nurses experiences in both courses...
I have been tardy in the last few weeks but now with the BOS giving me the green light I will get back to it InshaAllah.

Time to meet Dr G!

No comments:

Post a Comment