Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Viva Preparation

The best of both worlds!

I though to follow the plan below:


1. Reading the thesis a few times to get a good overall picture of
what I have done
2. Scanning for keywords used in the thesis and preparing a keyword
list:
    • Description
    • At which points have I used it in the thesis
3. Read the thesis to find out the weaknesses in my thesis
    • Identify where I could have done better | gone wrong
    • Steer clear of presenting | talking about those areas
    • Since you may be asked prepare a feasible alternate explanation
    • Dont lie: If you messed up you messed up. I am sure examiners
hate conjecture!
4. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation based on the guidelines above
highlighting strengths and steering clear of weaknesses
5. Write down what your going to say in front of each slide | Write
down the key points per slide
6. Do a dry run with supervisor | senior consultant | family member a
few times to get the timing and style right
7. Pre-loading my content tabs in sequence to improve time efficiency
8. Its good to give some charity before going for the exam


I Hope this cracks it!

No comments:

Post a Comment